Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Answered Prayers

I remember sitting on a park bench with this wonderful man dreaming of our future together. We were talking marriage, family, dreams, jobs.. everything you talk about when you are thinking about spending the rest of your lives together.
"What is your dream job? Where would you like to be in ten years"? I aksed him.
"Well, I don't see myself in youth ministry forever. I know that one day I will be ready to pass the torch and move on. I love kids and I love the mission field. I would love to work for CIY some day. That would be my dream job" he replied.
I wasn't sure I was ready to marry a minister, but I sure as heck knew I was not ready to go into the missions field. I remember saying a prayer that night. A prayer that even 5 years later I was still saying. "Please God, blend our lives together in a way that only you can. Join our dreams together in a way that only you can see. I don't ever want to hold this man back from his dreams. I don't ever want to put a leash on his desire for missions. So please either give me the desire to be in the field, or give him a job that allows him to combine all his passions together.
Fast forward 5 years.... I did end up marrying that wonderful man. We are happily married with a beautiful little boy that keeps us laughing everyday, and a dog that puts up with more than I can imagine from that little stinker! Our family is great and I go to bed at night and thank God for my life. Yesterday our lives became even happier!
That little prayer that I started 5 years ago was answered. Gil's already told all the details.... I just want to praise God for an answered prayer. I want to thank him for the passion I see in my husbands eyes for his job. A passion that has always been there.... but that had gone dim in the last 2 years. God does awesome work and I'm so excited to see what he has in store for our family. Thank you God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home