Thursday, May 05, 2005

"Doop Melmo mom!!"

Translation: "Poop On Elmo!"

Sometimes I question if I'm making the right choices for my son! I sometimes worry what kinds of food to give him, what toys are ok for him, or what he can watch on tv. Today Carter proved to me that I made the right decision about what diapers to buy him!! I feel sooo smart right now!
Carter is in LOVE with the Wiggles and Elmo! We talk about them all day long. When he first started his addiction with Elmo I remember thinking... Ah I should buy him the Elmo Diapers.... Then I immediately had pictures of him playing with his diapers, and taking them off just to be able to see Elmo.I made my choice to stick with the cheap diapers with no characters on them!
Today Carter and I went out to get the mail.. and there it was. A sample of an Elmo Diaper. Carter immediately opened it and wanted it on. I told him that he wasn't dirty so we had to wait. Literally 2 minutes later he walked up to me saying "Doop! Doop" aka:Poop! I could not believe it. On command he made himself poop so that he could wear his Elmo diaper... He's two how did he do that. So I had to keep my promise!
We put the Elmo diaper on and everything started.
First we had to take our shorts off cause we couldn't see Elmo.. then we had to take the diaper off cause we couldn't see Elmo over our fat belly. We put the diaper back on and ran around the back yard in just a diaper singing about Elmo..(don't ask me if I had my video camera, I'm so ticked) Then it happened.
Carter is running towards me with tears running down his face. "Doop Melmo Mom, Doop Melmo mom!!!" Carter had Pooped on Elmo and that meant no more Elmo. He cried all through the diaper change. We had a little funeral for Elmo, Crying as we tossed it in the trash.... 15 minutes later we both were over it and continued with our day.
Thank goodness I didn't buy the Elmo diapers. I can't imagine going through this ritual everytime we "Poop Melmo, Mom!"
I'm not doing so bad at this Mom thing!!:-)

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Another funny story from Carter. Man, you need to keep a journal of all these crazy things and share it with him at his wedding. He will get a kick out of it.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's my boy!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger ret said...

ANGIE!!!!

You have a blog! Awesome! Kevin came home from work and told me...I hate it when he one-ups me in the coolness dept. [Doesn't happen all that often, thankfully! Lol] That story is a riot. Way funny. Write on pretty lady...I'll visit everyday, unless I get a life at some point, and then I'll read whenever I can...glad things are going so well for you guys! See you soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home