Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm back!!!

Yikes!!! Where do I even start?!? I'll just start trying to fill ya in on my life in the last 4 1/2 months....

- Moved out of my house and left some very close friends in Colorado. The move was quite stressful, but I had a smile on my face the whole trip!
-Moved into a hotel for 5 days with my boys, looked for a house, found a house, bought a house, love the house!!!!
- Carter and I moved into my mom's house for 2 months. That was awesome and weird all rolled up into one! I experienced my new life as a single mom for 2 months out of the year. Carter did great. We had a little bit of an adjustment period, I think he was very confused but we made it. We talked to daddy every night on the phone and my heart was happy because he was sooooo happy with this new job.
-Spent time with lots of friends while we were in Q-town, Dinner at Ret's with good friends, Spent lots of time with Laura my best friend in the whole world and got to love all over Madelyn and Andrew, made up with a friend that I thought I'd lost... and reconnected with some friends from high school. Good times!
-Went to the McNett family reunion with my dad and Laura, then made another trip to the Gross family reunion.. Spent lots of quality time with family, took lots of pictures and had a wonderful time.
-Met Gil for a week in Oronogo (yes, that's the name of our town) To move all of our stuff into the house. Then went back to Quincy.
-End of July, finally moved into the house for good. Daddy was home and life started to get back to normal.
-Turned 26...ouch.. that one kinda hurt.. not looking forward to 3o!!
-Mom and Dad Gilchrist were here for a couple of weeks and really really helped us put our house together... they worked their tails off for us!
-I've painted 6 rooms (yes Deby finished the last room tonight:-) bought furniture and spent way more money on decorations than I'd planned but the house is finally finished... or at least at a good stopping point.

I know there's a lot more that I left out.... but that hits some of the highlights. Life is good... very very good. We are so happy here and each day brings something new. Thanks to everybody that prayed us through this transition time... We love ya all.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger deby said...

I'm so thankful that you're back to blogging. Since you're done with your rooms, come on over........

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger ret said...

Welcome back!!!! I kept clicking on your link but it was a nice surprise to see you're writing again...you have had a great excuse not to be...still, glad you'll be keeping us updated. Love you guys!!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger sara said...

Good to have you back in the blogging world with us. We are seriously a cult I think...
So good to see you at the wedding and glad to have you back in the midwest region. Hoping to make it down to Joplin sometime this year:) Thanks for all the comments on my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home