Thursday, September 29, 2005

All for the Big Screen

Gil has his own room now.... The "Boy's Room". It's a bonus room above our garage and it's his. There's every type of sports crap you can imagine in this room, along with a poker table,computer desk, and the big leather furniture... it looks really cool! But there is something missing and let me tell you, he reminds me of it every single day!!! He's taken me to Best Buy three times now secretly thinking that if he put on his puppy dog face that I'd let him get one. He doesn't realize that electronics.. just don't effect me the same way they effect him. Now show me a cute little dog, Gap jeans, a cute pair of shoes, and purse, the right shade of nail polish... and I can't walk away.. but show me a 52 inch Big Screen T.V and C-ya! So I've held him off by telling him that once we have money in hand, then we will buy it. Bless his little heart... he's been selling everything he owns on ebay!! Guess he really wants this thing huh?
So since he's the money maker around here I've been trying to figure out how to help out... I've already donated my birthday money which was very difficult considering Express was having a big sale, but we're still a bit short.... so what do you do if you don't know how to work a computer well enough to sell on Ebay!?!? GARAGE SALE!!!
I hate them... really truly hate them. I'd rather give my crap away.. not cause I'm in a giving mood, just cause I don't want to deal with getting everything together, cleaning the dust off of it, putting $1 sign on it and watching strangers wander through my garage sorting through my junk. Not counting the fact that these garage sale junkies start at like 6 in the morning. I don't do 6 in the morning! Yeah I'll admit it I'm Lazy
Ok that all sounded really harsh about people that go to garage sales.. Gotta love them, my mom was the queen of them! In fact I think I'd go too if it weren't for the fact that by 10 on Saturday mornings when I finally get motivated to go they are all picked over. I'm just whinning about having my own.. but hey it's all for the big screen right~~?
So Carter and I spent the whole day in the garage setting things up and we're ready to go.. now I just hope people show up and actually buy the stuff. I might even get Gil to help on Saturday... not feeling so sure on that one:-) So I'm off to bed... I can't remember the last time this body was up at 6 in the morning.. not thinking I'll be lookin to pretty, also not sure I'm going to care. But I'll be there with my sweat pants on and my pot of coffee... I think I'm already planning an afternoon nap!
So wish me luck... Garage Sale here I come, cause it's all for the Big Screen!!!! Gil you owe me!

3 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger deby said...

You feel like I do! You should of had your mom come and take care of yours. Do you think that would be rude if she's in the garage and you're still in bed though? Oh well, mom's do love unconditionally - right?

Good luck with the completion of Gil's "Holy Cave". You know when the tv's there you'll never see "both" of your men...and I am speaking from experience.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Ah you are so right Deby- my boys will be lost forever... I'm hoping that maybe I'll be allowed in once in awhile.. and not just to bring up popcorn and beverages.... Thanks for the laugh, just thinking about mom sitting in my garage while I'm sleeping made me giggle!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger ret said...

Kevin inspects his tv daily when he retreats there after a hard day. These boys and their territory. He did let me decorate and gave me a corner to read. But he's weak :) I'll bet if you're the one with the appetizers you'll get in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home