Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I did it!!!

No I didn't sign up for Weight Watchers(too cheap) but I did buy a family membership at the YMCA!!! Yep gonna do it... I know it's not going to be easy cause I don't have a partner this time(really gonna miss ya Laura) but I'm hoping that maybe Carter will force me to go everyday. We went tonight to sign up and the Nursery is COOL! It's got lots of big toys and a huge Ball Pit!! Carter is so excited!!
I finally took the big step for a couple of reasons...
*we got a scholarship so it's very cheap!!
*I want to feel better... and look better, I've done all I can do with walking/running up and down my street... I now need to hit the weights!
* Ok yes I'll say it out loud... we're starting to talk about another kiddo at some point... and I'd kinda like to get in good shape before I decide to get fat again.
*I want to get into the habit now... then maybe... someday... down the road... when/if... I am ever pregnant again... I'll continue to work out through the pregnancy and not turn into the good year blimp again!
* I think it'll kinda be like pre-school for Carter and it'll give him interaction with kids during the day and get us out of the house everyday... who knows I might even meet some other moms!!
SO, I'll be getting up early and starting my first day of my new routine! I'm really excited about it... We'll hope this lasts! I'm trying to supress the desire to go out and buy tons and tons of new workout clothes and shoes and matching sweatbands... ok maybe not sweatbands! I think I'm gonna set my first goal and when I hit it then I can get a cute or at least matching workout outfit!!!
I'd better start stretching tonight..... I'll let ya know how this goes, at least we know that Carter is going to have fun!

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger ret said...

Awesome Angie! Sounds like fun. I wonder who God wants you to meet...rest assured you're going to bless somebody :) And I like the sound of that additional kiddo thing :)

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger sara said...

It is tough to not buy a new wardrobe of workout clothes...they're so cute. Target always has good sales and it's pretty tempting. Hoping you'll find a new partner to work out with...always makes it easier:) Are you coming home for Thanksgiving?? Hoping to see you.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Ret- so far the only person I've met is some creapy looking guy with a beer gut that follows me around the weight room... trying to be friendly but also asking God to make him leave me alone:-)
Sara- YES we'll be home for Thanksgiving hope we can catch up with everybody!
Ginny- You are in the "business" cause you're really good at this workin out stuff!! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home