Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm ready!!

My bags are packed I'm ready to go, Yeah the rest of that song doesn't really fit cause I'm not leaving on a jet plane and the loves of my life are comming with me... But I'm ready to get home to Quincy for a break!!!
Gil has been gone quite a bit in the last 2 weeks so we really need some family time to reconnect and we seem to do that better when we get out of town! I love road trips with my hubby, I love laughing, talking and singing in the car with him. It's so much fun! Maybe it's because it takes me back to my days as a kid when all 6 of us would load up in the minivan and head to Florida or Pennsylvania... man those trips were long, and rough but they hold some of the best memories! Like the time that mom and I got locked in a gas station bathroom that smelled like... well we'll stop there. I remember the time that we had to stop on the side of the road for Adam to pee, and he just couldn't go cause of the traffic, so we all cheered him on till his duty was done. I'll always hold dear the late night talks I had with my dad while he was driving and I was trying to keep both of us awake.I remember feeding Laura a bottle in the back of the car when she was just 6 months old. Katie and I used to hide the candy bag and sneak treats all night long! We used to all talk about how cool it would be if we could just fly to our destination, but man I would've missed out on a lot of memories!
So we're getting ready to head to Quincy, and I'm soooo excited to see our friends and loved ones. I'm ready to play cards with Pete and Laura, and ready to drink coffee with my mom, I'm ready to dance and sing with my dad, and to laugh and talk with my sisters... I'm ready to see all sorts of other friends that we love and miss and I'm ready to give lots of hugs to people I haven't seen in awhile! So now we're just waiting for Gil to get home! Oh yeah and I guess I lied I gotta get started packing those bags! Love to you all and those of you in Quincy, hopefully we'll get a chance to catch up!

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger sara said...

Stupid spam bloggers...they make you feel good about yourself thinking you have a comment, then disappointment. So fun to read about your memories and thankful that God is allowing you to make new ones. Enjoy my sweet friend. Miss you and hope you have a great time in Quincy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home