Monday, October 17, 2005

Diapers Forever!

I think my little man is a genius!! Ok I know all mothers think that but I really do think that Carter is a smart little man. He counts to ten like a pro, he's talking like crazy, he knows all about football and touchdowns, and he can even sing the theme song to McDonalds... and yells "I'm lovin' it" at the end! So I really thought that he would pick up on this potty training things fairly easy.. Think again Ang!
I've had so much advice and I've tried everything! I'm one of those moms that loves advice, I don't get frustrated at all when people tell me what worked for them, in fact I rush home and try it. We're tried watching daddy, we've tried M&M's for going potty, we've tried sitting on the potty all day for two days straight, none of it's working. One thing I've been told by many moms is not to use Pull Up's cause then the child can't feel that they are wet. They said to put him in normal underwear and if he does wet himself he won't like the feeling and he'll let ya know. That'll teach him not to do it in his pants.... Well not Carter. That kid would sit in his wet pants all day if I let him. I think he likes that warm feeling:-) He just really doesn't care! I'm starting to think he won't be able to start school till he's 10!
But I'm trying not to loose hope.. we were waiting in line yesterday to pick him up from Sunday school, and I heard many parents asking their kids and teachers if they had any accidents... I was happy to see a couple kids that had, I know others are struggling too!
So I'm off to start another load of pee-soaked underwear in the wash.... man this is getting old. So any of you mom's out there that have done this before... if you have anything that really worked, I'd love to hear it! Those of you that have three or four kids... man, hats off to ya!

Love ya all and hope that you have a wonderful Monday!

3 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger deby said...

for once Ret won't be able to advise on this one! unless you have a girl next time that is. then the ball will be in her court.

I was where you were at and all caught up with what would everyone think, etc. Finally I realized that, No - they wouldn't be going into school with diapers (they didn't) and left it up to God's time and theirs. When I stopped putting so much into it, they decided they were ready. I don't know if it was the prayer or that they were almost 13 and just about ready for school.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Hey Ang :) I've heard that tossing Cheerio's in the toilet and trying to "sink" them works pretty well, then they want to play the game... it's worth a shot... I can't get our puppy potty trained though, so I know the feeling!!! Good luck!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger ret said...

Ask B what worked for him...I know it was difficult for him to let go of that "warm feeling"...I won't share further....but I could...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home