Saturday, October 15, 2005

Keepin Busy!!

Where has the time gone!?!? It's been awhile since I last posted. Well time here is actually flying by and I can't believe it.
I remember when we moved to Colorado and for the first 6 months I was very sad and felt like I was all by myself. Of course I had Gil and Carter, but at the time Gil was working lots of hours and Carter was 6 months old and his days were full of eating sleeping and messing his diapers. So needless to say I was maybe a little depressed. I expected to go through the same transition here, since it's a new place and I knew we wouldn't have any friends at first.
I'm happy to say that it's the exact opposite of what I dreaded. I am sooo happy here. Yes, I still miss my friends in Quincy and in Colorado a ton, and wish they were all here but I'm making more friends!! This is such a huge thing for me because it's so tough for me to make friends. I am such a shy person if I don't know you. It's so hard for me to put myself out there and talk to strangers. I just hate it. So two weeks ago when I was driving down my street and my neighbors whistled for me to stop I thought about just ignoring them, but something or somebody:-) told me to stop. They introduced themselves and told me they were planning an evening to hang out. The boys were going to play penny poker and the girls were going to hang out. They just needed to find a place to host it. Out of nowhere I said..."well we can have it at my place" It shocked me cause that is sooo not like me at all. I love to host parties, but not with stangers. So that Saturday night my house was clean, food was made and I was a bundle of nerves. I kissed Gil goodbye and he said " hey just be yourself"
We had a blast. The ladies are all older than I am but we really just hit it off. We talked about everything, we joked and laughed and one point even started to get teary-eyed over a story. It was such a good time. Gil came home and I was so happy and excited that I couldn't even sleep. The best part is they are all home during the days!!!
So last week I wanted to go back to Quincy because Gil was going to be gone and I didn't want to be here by myself. Due to gas prices and hopefully a trip home for Halloween, I couldn't go. I was dreading the week by myself! So he left Monday morning and I cried.
Tuesday morning I got a call from Joyce and Jennifer and they asked me to come down for coffee. Joyce is older but Jennifer has 3 boys and is close to my age. Carter and I walked down and had an enjoyable morning sitting and talking over coffee. The rest of the week we were always on the go. We took walks down to see all our new friends,went out to lunch one day, Jennifer and the boys walked down one evening and we all played football in the backyard. I was even able to share with them about my heavy heart due to some sad news that we received Saturday and they actually really cared and they even said they would be praying for the family involved. Good friendships are starting to form. By the time I knew it Sunday rolled around and we were going to pick up Gil.
God is sooo awesome. He really does have his hands all over this move for us. We are so happy to be here and it just seems to get better each day. We were happy to have Gil home and we've been spending this week having a lot of family time. It's amazing how much better family time goes when the whole family is happy.
So that's what's been going on here in Oronogo Missouri. Hope I didn't bore ya all but just wanted to update you on how we're doing here.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger ret said...

Oh, Angie. How awesome it is to hear the joy in your post. So thankful you're happy and that God is giving you both the desires of your heart. Crazy huh? Glad you're making friends. You're such a sweetheart...they are bound to fall in love with you :) Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger deby said...

I am dying to know - did Gil get the TV????

I am also glad you are "home" at your new place. We discussed in SS this am how God places persons in our lives as "divine appointments". On the flip side Ang, remember He places you in their lives too.

Hope to see you - Love & God Bless-deby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home