Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bargain Spree!!!!!

Why is it that some women are all about labels and prices, some are about garage sales and getting the cheapest thing possible. Right in the middle are the bargain shoppers... ya know the ones that when you give them a compliment on an outfit the first thing they do is tell you where they got it and how cheap it was!?!? Well I have to admit I fall into the latter of the three.I want style, but I won't buy anything full price... it takes the fun out of things!!!
I'm trying to learn to just accept the compliment and not give a reinactment of the entire shopping experience including the sale price. But I had an amazing shopping experience this weekend that I just have to spill... I'm telling you it's made me smile for the last 24 hours!!
We were all starting to feel better yesterday so we decided to tackle a growing list of tasks.We took too long laying around the house and by the time we left we found ourselves in the middle of a snow storm... we had a list of things that we needed to complete we were on a mission! One stop was to get Carter's feet measured so we can guestimate what size he'll need for the upcomming Nobis/Mitchell wedding!!! After getting that job accomplished Carter man passed out in his stoller and I started wandering the kids section at Famous Barr!! Normally this is not a dangerous thing to do because I don't find anything cheap enough in there.... but yesterday was different.
Back before Christmas they had some Kenneth Cole 3 piece outfits for boys... the ones that come with jeans, a dress shirt and then either a sports jacket or a sweater. I fell in love with them... I wanted to get all of them for Carter but they cost $50 a piece... I Just couldn't do it. So yesterday I'm wandering the sales rack and I realize that they have some of these outfits on the sale rack.... they ended up being $13 a piece... I went crazy.. I started running around the store, grabbing all sorts of stuff, Nike sweat outfits for $10, sweaters and dress pants... Ah the cutest boys stuff ever. When I finally finished my madness Gil took the loot to the cashier... I was defending why I bought so much. I had to make Gil buy everything because I just couldn't face to total price... But I was in for quite a suprise $84.60!!!! That's it!!! I had two bags full of clothes and that's all it cost. My excitement went into over load when we got to the car and I added up the receipt. I got $244.80 worth of clothes for just under $85 dollars!!! Man my boy is going to look like such a stud next fall!! I was ready to come home and put on a fashion show.... guess I was pressing my luck with my two boys cause they were both ready to kick back and watch some sports, man I need a little girl! So I had to spend the next hour on the phone telling my mom, Gil's mom and Laura Keane about all my great deals!! Still smiling :-) Gotta love shopping!

3 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger laura said...

THAT'S MY GIRL!! :)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger deby said...

let me know how your able to overcome the "telling of the bargin" and just accept the compliment - we match on the What kind of shopper list.

The boys never wanted to try on either.

When you have time - e-mail me. I want your address.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger ret said...

I LOVE those type of sprees. And the best part is adding it all up in the car later. We almost always have one at Old Navy or Gap outlets...last one got John a sports jacket for $8 and a winter coat for $10. Love it. And yes, he is a spoiled future son-in-law...

Do what size shoes? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home