Monday, July 10, 2006

My Protector!!

I remember being pregnant with Carter and taking Luke (our dog) to the vet. I was telling the vet how weird Luke started acting once I became pregant. The vet told me that dogs can tell when their owners are pregnant even before the owners know and they become very protective. Once I had Carter Luke switched his protective gear over to Carter and that's how it's been for the last three years.
Well my protector is back. He is at my side 24 hours a day. When I wake up in the morning he's there, he only goes outside long enough to get his job done and then he's back at my feet. When I go to bed at night he sleeps on the floor right beside me, when I roll over to the other side of the bed (since Gil's gone) he moves to that side with me. I go potty and Luke sits at the bathroom door and watches me. I take a shower and he actually will walk into the bathroom and watch me take a shower... I know sounds a little creepy right.
I love it!! I love seeing him next to me and knowing that he just wants to make sure I'm ok. I love that dog so much and this is his way of showing me how much he loves me.
I've had a protector since before I was even born, one that is with me at all times. One that doesn't even go out for potty breaks so he doesn't even leave me for a split second!!! So why is it that I am not thinking about him all the time, that there are times in my life that I still feel alone, even though I know that I'm not. This protector will be with me long after Luke is gone.... forever and ever and yet there are too many times that I don't turn to him first. It's sad that I've thought of my "physical" protector more this week than I've thought about my "true" protector.
God help me to remember that you are always there and will always be there. Even though I don't trip over you in the middle of the night or step on your tail in the kitchen you are there. Thank you for being my true protector and may I always turn to you first in all that I do.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger ret said...

Good thoughts Ang...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home