Saturday, July 08, 2006

Our BIG News!!!

Mommy : Carter can you tell everybody our big news!!
Carter(with a big smile) : WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!

I so wish everybody could hear it in person, it's the sweetest thing ever!! Yeah we're a family of four now!! We are very excited and expect this little one to be here sometime in January!! We have known for awhile now but didn't say anything until recently. I haven't blogged about it or anything because there wasn't much I could tell you since my days have been a little yucky for the past three months. I'm just now hitting 12 weeks and I think I've turned the corner, at least I'm praying that I've turned the corner. This pregnancy is SOOO much different than Carters. For awhile I was telling Gil that our baby hated me..... but I think we're starting to get along better. So right now Carter and I are spending a lot of time taking naps together, drinking milk together and eating lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. Good bonding time.

I'll leave you with Carter stories about "our baby" which is what he calls it.

When we first told him that Mommy was going to have a baby after Christmas he asked..
Carter: "Where the baby at"
Me: " It's in mommy's tummy till it's done growing"
Carter: " Oh right it's in mommy's Kummy. Can I talk to the baby"
Me: "Sure you can talk to the baby"
Carter (lifting my shirt up): "Hi baby"
Then Carter sticks his finger in my belly button and says
Carter: "Mommy I feel the baby's head!!!"
So now everyday Carter has to say Hi to the baby and stick his finger in my belly button to touch the baby's head.. I'm a little afraid of the trauma Carter will endure when my belly button pops out!!!!

Everyday Carter changes between wanting a baby sisser or brover but one things stays the same when you ask him what he wants to name the baby... Girl or Boy Carter will tell you that the baby will be named "gosh" Translation: Josh.... Well buddy we'll have to see about that.

So that's our big news it's out and about now so I'm sure everybody knows. We are very excited and we can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring us. Hopefully cool weather and lots of good days!!! Love ya all

4 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger laura said...

YEAH! I can't wait to meet this lillte Gilchrist.... And I thought waiting for Carter Man was bad......Maybe this one will go by quicker since you are not in town. We love you guys...ALL FOUR OF YOU!

Laura

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger laura said...

Okay obviously I should do a little spell check on myself before I hit publish...By the way folks lillte is not a word but LITTLE is!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I'm so glad you made that spelling error!!! I am horrible at spelling and ALWAYS make errors!! Well sweetie, now ya know what it was like for me waiting for little AJ!! Not to bust your bubble but uh it didn't go by any quicker being out of town!! Love you!!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger sara said...

WOW! So happy for you guys! Been hearing rumors about this, but saw it in writing now:) Congratulations Ang! I always knew you were going to be a great mommy. I am so proud of you my friend. I love to look back and remember our good times together(do you remember the butt pyramids at CIY?) HA!! Look at us now...I tell ya what! God surely has blessed us. Praying He will cross our paths again someday soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home