Sunday, August 20, 2006

But Not the Hippopotamus!!!



No this title does not refer to my size yet, although I am starting to feel like one!! Like my shirt says "Love me love my belly" I know it's just going to get bigger so I gotta face it!
We're back from our wonderful vacation!!! I don't know if it was the 15 hour drive back from Florida, or my "to do list" waiting at home for me, or maybe Carter waking up at 7am on Saturday ready to play but "Reality" hit a lot harder than I expected. At first I was a little bummed... not gonna lie. I sat back and thought about our long days on the beach and our wonderful dinners and relaxing evenings and wished I was back in Florida. Matt and I had not been on vacation together alone since before Carter was born and we really needed it. It was wonderful to reconnect and unwind after a long summer and before our life changes again with this little peanut on the way!! I love my husband sooo much and the fun and laughter and love that he gives me makes me realize how much I need and want him in my life. We have so much fun just the two of us and it was hard to come back home.
Carter spent the week with Grandma and Grandpa Gilchrist and had a blast!! I don't think he missed us for a second. We had a wonderful day with family yesterday and said our goodbye's to Grandma and Grandpa after lunch today. It was hard to come home to an empty house and know that life had to get back to normal.
Tonight before bed the three of us sat on our bed and read the book "But Not The Hippopotamus" I read the story while Carter laid between us, and the baby kicked at Gils' hand which was laying on my belly. We laughed so hard as we all read the book together and I realized This is my life and I LOVE it!!! I would not change anything! I have the best husband in the world, the sweetest little boy that keeps me on my toes and a little peanut on the way!! God is good and has blessed me with so much. Our vacation was a much needed relaxation time that made me realize how blessed and loved I am and how much my family truely means to me.
So I'm ready to get up in the morning and go to the gym, clean the house, make pb&j sandwhiches for lunch, do laundry and make dinner and sit with my family and laugh. This is my reality and I love it!!


BTW: Mom and Dad Gilchrist bought me a new HP coppier,scanner,fax, photo thingy for my birthday and I love it!! I'm learing how to use it all by myself and I'm so proud that I figured out how to post this picture!! Gil are you impressed!?! Watch out friends I see lots of pictures comming in the near future!!!

5 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger sara said...

You look good chica, but who am I kidding...you have always been beautiful! Glad you had a chance to get away with your man and have some good quality time. Looking forward to seeing all the new pics! :)

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger laura said...

You look beautiful and tan!! I'm glad that you had a great time. I look forward to hearing details. Love you and miss you!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Love the picture! Congrats on being so tech savvy! We definitely need to arrange a phone marathon. Soooo much to share. I will post more pictures later today or sometime this weekend. I am supposed to leave tomorrow at 9 am...have I started packing...NO!! Oh well, it will all be fine. I love you!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good work. Sorry our internet sucks so you haven't been able to put any more pics up. When can we go on vacation again?

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger ret said...

I LOVE reading this stuff. Say what they want about blogging, but I love having a peek into everyone's heart. Especially those who live away that I miss so much. Makes me smile to see you guys so happy. You are blessed indeed. Thanks for sharing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home