Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sugar and Spice!!!!

It's a girl!!! I'm having a girl!!! I can't even put into words how excited we are.
Yesterday was an amazing experience to see this little girl in my belly dancing around, waving her arms and legs and putting on a show!!! It was so wonderful to hear that everthing is going well and the baby is healthy. What a relief!!
It was so much fun to call all my family yesterday and share the news!!! Lots of tears and shouts of joy! My cheeks hurt today because I don't think I stopped smiling yesterday!!
I really didn't realize how much I really wanted a baby girl until yesterday. I was prepared for either and really was happy to have either but when they said it was a girl I just couldn't stop the tears. It was such a different experience than with Carter.
When I had Carter it was an emergency C-section and the Dr.'s were really concerned about him. So when the Dr. pulled him out and said "It's a boy!!" I really didn't care. All I wanted to know was that he was healthy. So this time was so different because there was no stress involved. I could just soak up the moment and memorize the faces of my husband and son as they realized that it was a girl!!! Oh, I hope that memory never fades. I want to keep it forever!!
So watch out mall!!! It's dresses, bows, shoes, and PINK!!! Lots of it.
Oh crap now I have to decide on a name..... that could take awhile!! I think I'll just shop for now!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger deby said...

I AM SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

If I get to experience the pink stuff, it will have to WAIT (I stress the wait) for g-kids! Now that Nichalas has a woman, it has changed around here - and it is a good change. She is everything I prayed for. Who knows, she may be the one.

God Bless & love you-deby

ps - happy, happy birthday.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger ret said...

I asked the nurse to check one more time when Shawna was born. I too, prepared for the boy, and wanted so badly to have a little girl. As much as I adore all my nephews, I'm so thankful to have a daughter. (Besides, she just gave me the coolest hair cut yesterday...and if I'd had a boy that could do that-- well...)

Really, really happy for you babe!! Better start building closets ;)

Happy Birthday and thrilled for you all!!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger sara said...

Congrats on the good news! She is going to be a pretty little peanut with all that pink!! I heard the news a couple days ago. Also, Happy Birthday! I thought of you, but we were without computers last week so I couldn't email or anything. Being friends for so long...even before Kindergarten...September 5th has always stuck in my head. Lots of good memories. Thankful for your life and your friendship!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger laura said...

I CANNOT wait to meet this little girl. I am so excited for you guys. Hopefully she looks like you...Because we all know CarterMan looks just like his father. One of each is awesome. I'm glad you get to experience both. Madelyn can't wait for her either. She is already talking about buying her stuff when we go shopping. Can't wait to see you and your little tummy next week! Dr McDreamy has been calling your name! :)
Love you bunches,
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home